As a site based Safety & Environment (OHSE) Adviser you’ll be working under the direction of a State Manager, running an FSC, 4801, 9001, 14001 compliant management system. As key member of the team you’ll make up an important member of the Construction safety committee overseeing the Companies Victorian based projects.
Key functions of this position include:
- Review and approve subcontractor’s management plans and SWMS
- Ensure that induction procedures for all project site personnel are carried out in conformance to site and company requirements
- Make certain Quality assurance documentation on each project is recorded and filed in accordance with company policy
- Understanding the multitude of risks on-site ensuring practical controls are implemented with the support of the Project manager
- Review Project Management Plans, supporting documentation and identify any potential safety and environment risks and the appropriate controls to the minimise risks.
- Issue Permits in accordance with the per the requirements of the relevant Procedure
- Conduct daily project inspections/review and evaluate project activities to ensure that safety and environment hazards are minimised or eliminated
- Maintain applicable site registers for site activities (e.g. induction, licenses, mobile equipment).
- Manage subcontractor OHSE non-compliance in conjunction with the Project and Site Manager
Qualifications/ Skills and attributes:
- Minimum cert IV in OH&S
- Experience on commercial projects is a must
- Experience running 4801, 9001 and 14001 management systems
- Able to lead with good relationships
- Organised and committed to being a part of a team
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Good Word, Excel and understanding of the full Microsoft office suite
If you are keen to hear more about this role, please contact Bayne recruitment for a confidential discussion on 0418 830 169 or alternatively apply through seek.